Friday, March 14, 2008

Had to break the blogging dry spell!

Vienna and her friends at a pseudo-slumber party.
Hannah Saxontanna! Oh to have a big sister!!
I love these moments!
No, this is not a blue whale!!
Well, I wish I had some great news to share especially since it has been so long, but nothing new to report here. We are family living in a state of waiting. The kids are very impatient for their new brother to arrive and I have to admit I am a little impatient as well. I am just counting down the days and hoping that he comes sooner than later. I am still teaching and it is getting very difficult, however I am in the middle of choreographing 11 dances and it is something that needs to be finished before I deliver so away we push. The kids are so excited to finally get outside. Our 25 foot piles of snow around town have finally vanished thanks of a week of 50-60 degree weather and other than a lot of really soggy grass it has been beautiful. For some reason this winter has been particularly long. Since January we have been hammered with storm after storm with huge amounts of snow. Usually I have no problem with this, but being unable to snowboard doesn't really make me very happy. Vienna is getting ready for dance compeitions. Soccer starts for her and Kael in a week. Saxon is still trying to drive us all crazy!! So things are pretty much the same around here. Like I said, we are living in a state of waiting.


I had a very special experience today and thought I should share. Bryces friend from high school passed away last week and we had the privillage of going to his funeral. I say privillage because I believe that not a single person who attended was not touched spiritually by the words that were expressed. Rob was 34. He was diagnosed with meloma cancer in December after a terrible migrane. He had 5 children, his youngest 2 year old twins. It was difficult to see his family, whom I know well, suffer. One speaker said"For the past three months hundreds of you have been praying for a miracle. Praying that the Lord would provide a miracle that Rob might be cured and many of you feel that that miracle was not granted. I want to show you the many miracles that did take place. Husbands and wives held each other a little closer. Families spent more time together. Countless prayers were said to our Heavenly Father. Temple attendance had increased. Paychecks were donated to children that people didn't even know. Many miracles happened, just not in the way we were expecting them to."

This talk was so powerful. I have spent my day pondering this. I too held my husband a little closer. Reminded my children how much I love them. And I drew from this experience a deep gratefulness for the gospel in my life. So for those of you who read this, I hope you might for a moment feel the same.



No comments: