Thursday, December 14, 2006

Don't you just LOVE Christmas!

Well, it's getting closer and closer! And the hardest thing about it is knowing that when Christmas is finally here, it will all be over!! This is such a special time of the year and we are having so much fun! I decided to get all of my shopping done before Thanksgiving and because I did that, I have been able to completely enjoy the season. Don't get me wrong we have been busy with parties, school performances, dance performances, places to go, lights to see, and all that, but it's has been a lot better knowing that I am ready for the "big day".

Last night we went downtown to see the lights at Gateway and Temple Square! We started at the Gateway where the kids played in the fountains. I didn't think they would actually play IN the fountains, but they had a different idea! After getting soaked and grabbing some dinner, we boarded TRAX and went to temple square. It's a good thing it was 52 degrees, because with 3 wet kids it could have meant the end of the trip had it been any colder! Temple square was hoppin'. It was mutual night and I think about every single mutual group decided to go on the same night. As long as we weren't next to any obnoxious teenage girls (as Bryce call them) It was alright. The kids loved the nativity, all the great lights, and seeing where mom and dad were married. Kael said to me, "Mom, when I get bigger can I marry you in that temple?" He was a little upset when I told him that I'm already taken, but I assured that he would find somone even COOLER that his mommy!!

The kids are so excited for Christmas! I try to spend the week before Christmas prepping them on what this whole holiday is about. I think it is easy to forget when you get caught up in the hustle and bustle! We are thinking of seeing that new movie The Nativity, and having a few family home evenings with some thoughtful Christmas lessons. I think this is so fun! Bryce is a number one fan of the holidays and I think a lot of that has rubbed off on me. I hope you are all having a good time with your families and are taking time to enjoy the beautiful things about this season. It is nice to have this blog so we can share all of our Christmas memories together! May these days leading up to Christmas be peaceful and enjoyable!
Lori

No comments: