Sunday, January 14, 2007

January Update and REUNION Info!



Here we all are in Jessica's new SWEET Crib!




Vienna is crazy about Jess! They even got sweet matching hats to brave the elements in Rexburg Idaho.




This is outside Jessica's dorm! Look how excited she is! (I think I might have been more excited than her!) She was great to put up with her annoying aunt!


I thought I would give everyone a "heads up" on the family reunion. Yes, remember we discussed this last year! I hope your calendar is marked and pennies are being saved! I have a pretty good idea of where we are going to have it. I am speaking with some people at a condo resort in Midway Utah near the Homestead. The dates we will be staying are July the 3rd, 4th, and 5th! So try to get those work schedules worked out. I have lots of great things planned like lots of swimming, hiking, golfing, alpine slides, maybe some scuba in a nearby crater, hopefully a mom's retreat at the nearby spa, and plenty of 4th of July festivities in nearby Park City. I am hoping to get these condos for a very discounted rate through a friend and I am thinking between 60 and 80 dollars a night at the most. They are full condos with kitchens and we will be doing a lot of our own cooking, but don't worry about that, I'll be taking care of everything. Considering we have NEVER done anything like this and the entire family has not been in the same place since my wedding in 1997, I think this is a pretty important deal! SO, don't say I didn't warn you! I know getting time off work and expenses for a trip are hard, but try your hardest. It is going to be a lot of fun and a time with Mom and Dad and the rest of the family to really remember! Mark your calendars!

Things are going pretty well for us! Bryce and I went up to Logan for the weekend. I had some choreography to do for a dance company up there and we decided to make a get-away out of it. We met up with some old friends for dinner, hit a basketball game, and relaxed in the hot tub for awhile and without kids, it was a REAL vacation! Mom and Dad were so great to take the kids overnight so we could do this. They are so great. The kids got spoiled by Nana and Papa. They went to the movies and then to the swimming pool where mom got to see most of the Moore family from Minnesota. Of course they are all doing well. It's always funny to hear about those guys!

So, things are going pretty well. This is always kind of a dead month and we're all just trying to get through it all. It's pretty cold here and with Bryce's ankle in recovery from a Basketball injury, we havent spent any time up on the mountain. I just feel for poor Jessica. I think it got down to -15 there a couple of nights ago. She said she felt like here face was going to crack on her way to her 7am class! Coming from Floirda, she is not too happy about Rexburg's climate. I don't say I blame her! I'm somewhat of a warm-blooded creature myself! We had a lot of fun taking her up to school and getting her settled in. Paul and Lin got to come and meet us for lunch too, that was nice. She is going to have a blast up there. Let's all pray that she doesnt freeze solid! I guess those are the little things that make us remember college so fondly!

1 comment:

HALV1000 said...

Lori,
It sounds great! Thanks for putting it all together.
Kate