Friday, September 15, 2006

It's time for me to be a BLOGGER!

I have heard about blogs, read a few blogs, and have even known a few bloggers, but I never thought I, myself would become one of these interesting creatures! No really, I think this is a great idea to have this blog. Living so far apart it is so easy to not know anything about each other. It was such a learning experience to visit with Mark's family and Brian's family. It was like getting to know a whole new family because of how fast families change! Hopefully this will help and I will try to get mom feeling more comfortable about using it. She is absolutely petrified of computers and I have to convince her that they aren't as scary as they seem! I myself am not the computer expert either. I am however quite skilled at using iTunes and ebay, just ask my checking account!

The Higbees are doing great! I am keeping busy as usual! With Vienna in Kindergarten, I am able to spent some much needed time with Kael. I am doing a little home pre-school with him and is has been wonderful! I am teaching dance only 2 times a week and it is perfect. The kids are playing soccer, and I am playing soccer as well. I got a road bike and I have been doing a lot of biking, but have no fear, in my heart I am still a true mountainbiker! Bryce and I are heading down south to a resort in Brian Head for our anniversary so we can bike, golf, and maybe rent some 4-wheelers if we have time. We are always looking for an adventure! (as if kids weren't enough adventure!)



Fall in Utah is just around the corner. Yesterday it was 90 degrees and pretty warm. Today it is windy, rainy, and a brisk 50 degrees. Where in the world is there such diverse weather? Utah weather is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you are going to get! We went camping the motor home last weekend just up in the canyon behind Timp and it was great. The kids get gitty at the mention of camping or the mountains. The leaves are changing and it is my favorite time of the year. We did a lot of marshmellow eating, a little hiking, and little-to-no sleeping. Isn't that what camping is all about? It was a great weekend! Isn't making memories great!



I wanted to give you a little info on our 1st ever Halversen Family Reunion. It will be here in Utah over 4th of July week and EVERYONE is to attend! Hopefully this is enough notice to start saving money and looking for airline tickets or whatever. Rachel has a knack for those airline deals! I will be making the plans for the reunion. I am looking into some condos up in Park City. There is a LOT of fun things going on that week for the holiday and It is a beautiful place to be, so get ready! I will be posting new information as it arises. This is just a nice little HEADS UP!

No comments: