Monday, March 19, 2007

The Person I Most Admire



The Person I Most Admire

By Hank Halversen

The person I most admire is my dad. Scott Halversen has a good personality. He is very smart, caring, and funny. Scott has orange hair and is an average height. My dad is special to me.

I’ll never forget when dad went snowboarding with me. It was February 25, 2007 at Dodge Ridge and I wanted to go snowboarding but no one would go with me. Then my dad said he would go with me. No matter how many times he fell he still would go with me. I will never forget it.

The results of this event have changed my behavior and thinking. I am more grateful to my dad in general. He did a big thing falling down the hill snowboarding just to keep me company and this big thing helps me notice all the smaller things he does all the time. I am more persistent when things aren’t easy. Snowboarding isn’t easy but it sure is fun when you persist and start to get better at it. I really like snowboarding now and I want to go back to the ski resort. Remembering that snowboarding was hard and it was worth trying hard to figure it out makes me more persistent when things aren’t easy. I am also very thankful to my dad for going with me snowboarding for my very first time. This is why I admire my dad

No comments: